Our Financial Trusts
|Are typically family controlled|
|Are guaranteed by our legal partners|
|Designed to deliver bloodline protection and tax benefits|
What type of Trusts do I need?
For your Death in Service and pensions – Asset Preservation Trust
- Holds your Death in Service lump sums, SIPP funds and personal pensions, including those in drawdown, following your death.
For your life cover – Assurance Trust
- Holds your death benefit payments from life cover policies, including critical illness policies and relevant life plans.
- Is tailored to your individual needs and certified by our legal partners.
- Policy payments held in Trust are not included in your estate, so they can be paid to your family without the grant of probate.
For your investment bonds – Multiple Bond Trust
- Holds bonds from multiple providers which are not currently held in Trust.
- Can be transferred absolutely or you can keep the ‘income’ rights but give up the right to the capital.
- The bond is not included in your estate for Inheritance Tax purposes after seven years.
For gifts and loans – Solidus Loan Trust
- Holds gift and loan sums from one or more existing or future bonds, or gifts from your family estate.
- With the right planning, your children can also use the Trust properties for their own tax and social protection benefits.
- Ongoing maintenance of the Trust is required.